In Sanskrit, Padma means ‘lotus’ and asana means ‘Asana’.That’s why it also named as Kamal Asana. Padmasana or Kamal Asana is the yoga posture to sit in, in which knee resides in opposite direction. By doing this pose, the mind is calm and meditation is deep. Many physiological disorders also removed. With the regular practice of this mudra, the seeker is completely blossomed like a lotus, hence the name of this mudra is Padmasana. Kamal Asana in Chinese and Tibetan Buddhist beliefs is also called Vajra asana. If you look at any yogi or sage in meditation, you will always see him in Padmasana. It is the best yoga in all seating yogas. Sitting in Padmasana is very beneficial for your leg and hip muscles and joints. But not only that, it has been said in mythological texts that if you always sit in Padmasana, you can also erase many of your disorders.
Padmasana is alone capable of giving happiness and peace to you physically, mentally and spiritually. In this posture, physical speed methods are greatly reduced and you slowly move towards spiritualism. That is why Asana has been considered as the best yoga for meditation.
How to do Padmasana (Lotus Pose) yoga
- Sit on the ground.
- Fold the right leg and place the right foot on the left thigh and the hips.
- Keep in mind the right shoulder should have pressure on the lower left side of the stomach.
- Turn left foot and place left foot above right thigh.
- There should also be pressure on the lower right areas of the stomach with the left heel.
- Put the hands on the knees in the Enlightenment.
- Keep the spinal cord straight.
- Breathe slowly and slowly release breath
- Keep your condition accordingly.
- You can extend its duration from 1 minute to 1 hour.
- Then slowly you come to your starting position.
Benefits of the Padmasana
1. This asana prevents the mind from wandering and the mind wanders.
2. This posture is more focused on your attention.
3. Padmasana is an effective method of meditation.
4. This posture keeps blood pressure under control.
5. Padmasana makes the neck and spinal cord strong and flexible.
6. The easiest way to reduce your stress is by posting this seat.
7. Regularizing this asana reduces the fat and stomach fat.
8. Its regular practice helps in increasing memory.
9. This yoga exercise can reduce the bloating of breath.
10. It is beneficial to get more sweating, halitosis or cold/warming problems in the feet.
11. By doing this posture, blood flow drops in the legs, which helps in making the body healthy and strong in the abdominal organs, muscles, and nerves.
Precautions of doing Padmasana
1. Those who are troubled by knee pain and swelling should not do this posture.
2. People who are troubled with a headache, cystitis, and osteoarthritis should not do this asana.
Padmasana is the simplest posture and its benefits are also numerous. Regularly adjust this posture in the morning and gradually increase the time of sitting in this posture position. We advise you to immediately consult any yoga expert if you have any problem while doing any posture.
- Top 5 Yoga to Prevent and fight with Cancer
- Top 5 Yoga to Make your Heart Healthy
- Baba Ramdev best yoga for back pain
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose) Yoga – Steps, Benefits and Caution
- Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand) steps and benefits
- Baba Ramdev Ardha Matsyendrasana Benefits and steps (Half Lord of the Fishes Pose)
- Baba Ramdev Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose) steps and benefits
- Baba Ramdev Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend) steps and benefits
- Baba Ramdev Padahastasana Yoga Benefits and steps – Hand to Foot Pose
- Utkatasana Yoga Method, Benefits & Caution
- Anulom-Vilom Pranayama steps and benefits
- Bahya Pranayama Steps and Benefits – Baba Ramdev
- Bhastrika Pranayama Steps and Benefits – Baba Ramdev
- Method and Benefits of Udgeeth Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayama (Humming Bee Breathing) steps and benefits
- Dandasana (Staff Pose) steps and benefits
- Dhanurasana Yoga: Steps, Benefits and Precautions
- Padmasana (Lotus Pose) steps and benefits
- Baba Ramdev Makrasana Yoga Steps & Benefits
- Baba Ramdev Bhujangasana(Cobra Pose) Yoga steps and benefits