The body is visible like “bow” on the siege, hence it is called Dhanurasana. This posture is very beneficial for the waist and spinal cord. By doing Dhanurasana, all the body muscles from neck to lower part of the back and waist is exercised. If you want to get the maximum benefit of this seat, then you must first do the snake pose, then the Locust Pose, and finally the Bow Pose. Many Yogis and Rishi Ganas call these three asanas as “Yogasantriyai”. This asana provides strength to the muscles of the body, as well as helping to remove the complex diseases associated with the stomach. Whether to control weight or make body fit, Dhanurasana is a very potent posture.
Dhanurasana is named after the word “Dhanur” which means bow. This asana reduces pain in women’s menstrual cycle. Apart from this, this posture increases the strength of the muscles. By doing this posture regularly, the spinal cord is flexible and strong. Dhanurasana is such an asana which reduces the fat of the stomach and also digestion power.
How to do Dhanurasana
- First of all, lay a mat on a clean and flat place.
- Lie down on the stomach.
- Bending the feet into knees and bringing the heel to the hips.
- Hold ankle of both feet with your hands.
- Now keeping the hands straight, the legs are drawn backward and should be raised on the hips. When taking this action, breathe in.
- At the same time, lift thighs and the head upwards as much as possible from the ground.
- Try to keep both knees together.
- You should do this action for 10 to 20 seconds at your own pace and continue to take long breaths and leave.
- If you can not raise the thighs then only lift the head. This is called simple Dhanurasana.
- In the end, leaving the breath, keep the feet warm and hold the chest on the ground.
Benefits Of Dhanurasana
Dhanurasana to reduce obesity: This posture is a good yoga practice to reduce weight. Regular exercise reduces stomach fat and makes your stomach tight.
For Diabetes: This posture is very beneficial for diabetic patients. Its practice stimulates the pancreas and helps in the secretion of insulin which helps balance the sugar. Through its practice, diabetes benefits from type 1 and diabetes type 2.
For the back pain: This posture is a Rambana yoga for back pain. If you practice it on a daily basis, you can always get rid of the problem of back pain. It comes with a stretch of ligaments, muscles, and nerves in the back and makes a new life in the entire spinal column.
For asthma: This posture is very beneficial for asthma patients. Its practice brings good strain to the chest and increases lung capacity which is very important for asthmatics.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Asthma
Slip Disk Problem: With the practice of this asana, a slipped disc can get a lot of relief.
For constipation: Its practice can be removed from constipation and indigestion. This helps in the secretive release of enzyme and makes the digestive system strong.
For the displaced navel: This yoga is beneficial for bringing displaced navel to its place.
For sagittal thyroid: This yoga stimulates the thyroid and adrenal glands and helps in the release of its hormone.
Precaution/Side Effects of Dhanurasana
This posture is totally taboo for pregnant women. The serious problems associated with the waist should be done only after taking the advice of the doctor.
If there is an ulcer in the stomach, this posture can be a harm factor. People with high blood pressure problem should not do this asana. They are complaining of a headache, they should not do Dhanurasana too.
They should not have this posture as they have intestinal disorders, or they have serious problems in the backbone.
If there is a serious injury in the neck, or if there is a problem of a migraine, then do not do this asana.
This posture is harmful to a person suffering from Saran gland (Hernia) disease.
If there is an excessive pain in any part of the body, immediately stop the asana and go to the doctor. If possible, learn this posture under the supervision of a Yoga Teacher. Gradually increase the time limit of Dhanurasana.
- Top 5 Yoga to Prevent and fight with Cancer
- Top 5 Yoga to Make your Heart Healthy
- Baba Ramdev best yoga for back pain
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose) Yoga – Steps, Benefits and Caution
- Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand) steps and benefits
- Baba Ramdev Ardha Matsyendrasana Benefits and steps (Half Lord of the Fishes Pose)
- Baba Ramdev Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose) steps and benefits
- Baba Ramdev Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend) steps and benefits
- Baba Ramdev Padahastasana Yoga Benefits and steps – Hand to Foot Pose
- Utkatasana Yoga Method, Benefits & Caution
- Anulom-Vilom Pranayama steps and benefits
- Bahya Pranayama Steps and Benefits – Baba Ramdev
- Bhastrika Pranayama Steps and Benefits – Baba Ramdev
- Method and Benefits of Udgeeth Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayama (Humming Bee Breathing) steps and benefits
- Dandasana (Staff Pose) steps and benefits
- Dhanurasana Yoga: Steps, Benefits and Precautions
- Padmasana (Lotus Pose) steps and benefits
- Baba Ramdev Makrasana Yoga Steps & Benefits
- Baba Ramdev Bhujangasana(Cobra Pose) Yoga steps and benefits