This posture is also called “half spinal twist pose”. It is said that the complete Matsyendrasana (“full spinal twist pose”) was the favorite posture of Rishi Matsyendra Nath, hence the currency was named after him. Here in this article, we will describe Baba Ramdev Ardha Matsyendrasana Benefits, method, steps. However, because this posture is difficult, therefore the half matsyendrasana was created. By the way, “half matsyendrasan” is composed of three words: ardh, matsye, and Indra. Ardh meaning half, matsye means fish, and Indra means god.
‘Ardha Matsyendrasana’ means half-fold or rotating the body. It is extremely beneficial for your spinal cord. This posture helps in delivering oxygen to the lungs in the right amount or is extremely beneficial for the genitals. This posture is related to the spinal cord, so it should be done carefully.
Also Read: Anulom-Vilom Pranayama steps and benefits
Best Baba Ramdev Ardha Matsyendrasana Benefits and Steps
Ardha Matsyendrasana Steps-
- Sit on the mat while keeping the legs straight. Bend the left foot from the knee and place the ankle under the anus.
- Put the soles of the foot with the right hip. Now turn the right leg back from the knee and keep it above the hips leaving the left foot on the back of the hips.
- Now cross the left hand with the right leg knee, ie, pressing the side of the knee, with the left hand, hold the toe.
- Move the head to the right, with the left shoulder pressure on the right foot knee.
- Now holding the right hand behind the back and holding the lower part of the left leg of the thigh.
- Rotate the head so that the chin and the left shoulder come in a straight line.
- The chest should be absolutely stacked.
- Relax after some time staying in this position.
Also Read: Method and Benefits of Udgeeth Pranayama
Benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga
By the way, Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga has many benefits. Some of them we are listing here:
Ramaban for diabetes: You can control diabetes very largely by applying Ardha Matsyendrasana. This posture helps in the formation of insulin keeping Pancreas healthy and plays an important role in the prevention of diabetes. (Read More)
To reduce obesity: If you want to reduce your belly fat, then do this practice of posture. When practicing this asana, if it is kept for a little while, then it is good to reduce the stomach fat. (Read More)
Makes the spine flexible: it strengthens the spine and back muscles and makes them flexible. (Read More)
Beneficial for Kidney: By its practice, you can keep your kidneys healthy.
Adrenal gland: It is beneficial yoga for the adrenal gland.
In preventing constipation: Helping in the secretion of various stomach joints, digestion is corrected and relieves constipation. (Read More)
Beneficial for asthmatics: Its practice brings good strain in the lungs and is effective in relieving asthma patients. (Read More)
Tilted shoulders: The shoulders and the twisted back can be cured with its regular practice.
For the strength of the shoulders: It pulls the shoulders, hips and neck and strengthens.
Also Read: How to do Bahya Pranayama and its benefits
Precautions while doing Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord of the Fishes Pose)
- Should not be done during pregnancy and menstruation.
- Those who have heart, stomach or brain surgery should not practice this asana.
- Peptic ulcer or Hernia patient should do this very carefully.
- If you have hurt or problems in the spinal cord, then do not do this posture.
- A light slip-disk can benefit from this posture, but in severe cases it should not.
Also Read: Top 10 Interesting Amla Juice Benefits for skin hair and health