There are many types of Pranayama, the most commonly known of them are the Anulom-Vilom Pranayama. Anulom-Vilom Pranayama is a difficult task – especially when you have to stop breathing. People with heart problems or blood pressure problems (high or low) should not stop breathing at all. They can do pranayama without stopping breathe. Therefore it should start in the inspection of a good yoga guru. If you have any medical condition, then consult a doctor.
It is a very important yoga which is very beneficial for the body. The more you do this yoga, the better it is for the body. If you wish, 3-4 times a day, you can also repeat the anulom.
Anulom-Vilom pranayama is very easy yoga and it can be done by people of all ages. This improves breathing. This pranayama should be done in quiet places like river banks, in the garden or open ground, so that maximum oxygen can be found.
Steps to do Anulom-Vilom Pranayama
1. To do the Anulom-Vilom Pranayama, sit in any condition like Sudhasana, Siddhasana or Vajrasana.
2. Always start the pranayama with the left pore of the nose.
3. First, close the nose ring with the help of the fingers and take a long breath from the left pores.
4. After this, by closing the left pore, leaving a long breath with the right pore.
5. Repeat this process for at least 10-15 minutes.
6. While breathing, you have to collect your attention in the middle of the eyes in the middle of the order cycle.
7. Just take long breaths and chant Om in your mind.
8. In the beginning, it is better to be instructed by the yoga instructor.
9. If you are suffering from anemia, take appropriate advice before doing it.
10. Carefully do the process of leaving the breath and taking it. By doing it incorrectly or in early stages, the body is damaged by the opposite.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama
1) It purifies 72000 Pulse and hence it is also called Nadishuddhi Pranayama.
2) This pranayama gives strength to the heart and cholesterol is controlled.
3) Whenever we breathe in this pranayama, pure air expels the contaminated substances of our blood, so that pureblood nourishes all the parts of the body.
4) Relieves the removal of vata, bile, phlegm, joints pain, swelling etc.
5) With its regular practice, eyesight increases.
6) Blood circulation remains true.
7) Is beneficial in insomnia.
8) Provides comfort by reducing tension.
9) This is a special benefit for people suffering from a migraine, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, stress, anger, less memory.
10) This pranayama brings coordination between thought and emotions as well as balance in both the hemispheres of the brain.
11) Positive thinking fosters.
Precautions to take when doing Anulom-Vilom Pranayama
1. Do not stress to breath and keep breathing speed simple and smooth.Do not breathe in the mouth or do not take any kind of sound while breathing.
2. Keep fingers on the forehead and nose very lightly. There is no need to apply any pressure.
3. If you feel sluggish and tired after pranayama, then meditate on the process of breathing and dropping. The exhalation time should be longer than breathing.